Plan your commute! Traffic Advisories For Nov 16-20th
A traffic advisory has been issued with the following traffic flow impacts expected for Tuesday, November 17:
- Sidewalk and curbing work is scheduled to take place in the following areas (for the week of November 16-20):
- Work will continue with upgrades to the pedestrian crossing at the intersection of Longworth Avenue and the Confederation Trail. Traffic will be reduced to one lane, at times, with alternating traffic. Traffic control personnel will be on-site to direct motorists.
- Sidewalk repair will take place on Grafton Street, at the bus shelter across from the Holman Grand Hotel.
- Work will be taking place on Beach Grove Road, from the corner of Maypoint Road towards the Beach Grove Home. Traffic may be reduced to one-lane alternating throughout the day. These delays are necessary for the construction of the active pathway along Beach Grove Road that will connect to a trail near the Beach Grove Home. This work is expected to be ongoing for the next few weeks.
- Work will continue on upgrades to the pedestrian crossing at the intersection of Great George Street and Fitzroy Street. Traffic will be reduced to one lane, at times, with alternating traffic. Traffic control personnel will be on-site to direct motorists. Pedestrians are advised that the existing overhead crossing light will be removed while the work is ongoing and will be reinstated upon completion.
- A section of the boardwalk that runs along the waterfront parallel to Haviland Street, adjacent to the Culinary Institute and the Armoury, will be closed to pedestrians during construction of a project at 15 Haviland Street. Those using the boardwalk will need to go around the site while exploratory excavation work related to a future building and the existing stormwater pipe is completed.
- Work to replace twin stormwater culverts under Capital Drive has begun. There will be impacts on traffic flow in the area for approximately four to five weeks. Capital Drive will be closed from the section of road in front of Action Car and Truck Accessories to approximately 200 Capital Drive (the section in front of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites). Both businesses, along with other businesses near the construction zone, will remain open and accessible to the public during construction.
Detours will be in place and involve routing traffic heading from Cornwall through the Maypoint Roundabout toward the Charlottetown Bypass (Arterial Highway) via Upton Road (Rte. 1). Those travelling from Charlottetown into Cornwall would need to enter the Maypoint Roundabout via Upton Road. Detour signage will be in place and traffic control personnel will be on site. The Active Transportation corridor within the construction zone will also be closed for the duration of the project.