Traffic Advisories for Thursday, November 5
A traffic advisory has been issued with the following traffic flow impacts expected for Thursday, November 5:
- Tree maintenance is scheduled to take place in the following areas:
- Belvedere Avenue, between Mount Edward Road and University Avenue will be reduced to one lane of traffic between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Traffic control personnel will be on site.
- Mount Edward Road, between Harley Street and Gower Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. (noon). Sidewalks in the work area will be closed to pedestrian traffic however traffic control personnel will be on site.
- Pownal Street, between King Street and Dorchester Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Sidewalks in the work area will be closed to pedestrian traffic however traffic control personnel will be on site.
- Cumberland Street, between Fitzroy Street and Euston Street will be closed to vehicle traffic between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes. Traffic control personnel will be on site.
- Linden Avenue, between St. Peters Road and Kensington Road will be closed for the day Thursday (November 5) for street paving to occur. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes. Traffic control personnel will be on site.
- Dorchester Street, between Queen Street and Great George Street will be closed to vehicle traffic for the morning Thursday (November 5). This closure is necessary for street paving to occur. Traffic control personnel will be on site.
- The placement of a new tree at the corner of Richmond Street and Queen Street will be taking place Thursday (November 5). Traffic will be stop and go for the day with traffic control personnel on site.
- Sidewalk and curbing work is scheduled to take place in the following areas (for the week of November 2-6):
- Dorchester Street, between Weymouth Street and Cumberland Street;
- Queen Street, between Richmond Street and Sydney Street in front of the Dominion Building;
- Johnson Avenue, between McGill Avenue and Charlotte Drive
- Upper Hillsborough Street, between Hillcrest Avenue and Euston Street
- Walthen Drive, between Summer Street and Gerald Street
- Work will be taking place on Beach Grove Road, from the corner of Maypoint Road towards the Beach Grove Home. Traffic may be reduced to one-lane alternating throughout the day. These delays are necessary for the construction of the active pathway along Beach Grove Road that will connect to a trail near the Beach Grove Home. This work is expected to be ongoing for the next few weeks.
- Work will continue on upgrades to the pedestrian crossing at the intersection of Great George Street and Fitzroy Street. Traffic will be reduced to one lane, at times, with alternating traffic. Traffic control personnel will be on-site to direct motorists. Pedestrians are advised that the existing overhead crossing light will be removed while the work is ongoing and will be reinstated upon completion.
- A section of the boardwalk that runs along the waterfront parallel to Haviland Street, adjacent to the Culinary Institute and the Armoury, will be closed to pedestrians during construction of a project at 15 Haviland Street. Those using the boardwalk will need to go around the site while exploratory excavation work related to a future building and the existing stormwater pipe is completed.
- Work to replace twin stormwater culverts under Capital Drive has begun. There will be impacts on traffic flow in the area for approximately four to five weeks. Capital Drive will be closed from the section of road in front of Action Car and Truck Accessories to approximately 200 Capital Drive (the section in front of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites). Both businesses, along with other businesses near the construction zone, will remain open and accessible to the public during construction.