Traffic Advisory for Tuesday, January 26
A traffic advisory has been issued with the following traffic flow impacts expected for Tuesday, January 26th:
- Tree maintenance is scheduled to take place in the following locations on January 26th:
- Mount Edward Road, between Gower Street and Confederation Street between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. will be reduced to one lane of vehicle traffic. Sidewalks in the work zone will be closed to pedestrian traffic.
- Inkerman Drive, between Smallwood Crescent and North River Road will be closed to vehicle traffic between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Enwave (PEI Energy Systems) will be doing work to an underground district heat pipe on Kent Street, between Queen Street and Great George Street. This section of the road will be closed to vehicle traffic beginning Sunday, January 24 with work continuing through to Tuesday, January 26. Local business delivery will be permitted via the Great George Street end. The sidewalks on the TD bank side of Kent Street will be closed to pedestrian traffic, the other side will remain open to pedestrian traffic.
- Work continues on the new library on Queen Street, between Richmond Street and Sydney Street. This section of sidewalk remains open to pedestrian traffic with signage in place as this work is ongoing.
- A section of the boardwalk that runs along the waterfront parallel to Haviland Street, adjacent to the Culinary Institute and the Armoury, will be closed to pedestrians during construction of a project at 15 Haviland Street. Those using the boardwalk will need to go around the site while exploratory excavation work related to a future building and the existing stormwater pipe is completed.