- Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich – A close second is this grilled cheese sandwich that includes all of the flavours of jalaeno poppers including roasted jalapeno peppers, cream cheese cheddar cheese and even some crumbled tortilla chips for crunch!
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Like buffalo wings? If so, this is the grilled cheese sandwich for you with its spicy, moist and tender chicken all smothered in melted cheddar cheese including with a hint of blue cheese.
- Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Another twist on a classic and this time the caprese salad. This grilled cheese sandwich includes ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and a healthy dollop or two of basil pesto.
- Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Pestos work amazingly well in grilled cheese sandwiches and this one was inspired by the flavours of spanakopita using a spinach pesto and lots of melty cheese.
- Asparagus Grilled Cheese Sandwich – This roasted asparagus sandwich is a favourite when asparagus is available! Just look at that melted cheese dripping out!
- Mushroom Grilled Cheese Sandwich (aka The Mushroom Melt) – A decadent grilled cheese sandwich filled to the brim with caramelized mushrooms and a sea of ooey gooey melted cheese!
- Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich – When you think about a grilled cheese sandwich you think of quick, simple and cheap but there is nothing stopping you from indulging every once in a while and this lobster grilled cheese certainly is decadent.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Mango Chutney – Sweet, and spicy mango chutney is simply amazing when combined with melted cheese and encased in light, toasty and buttery bread!
- Jalapeno Cornbread Grilled Cheese with Chipotle Caramelized Onions, Refried Black Beans and Guacamole is a bit out there as far as grilled cheese sandwiches go but it is truly amazing both with it’s perfect combination of flavour and with the different textures. Definitely a must try!
Top 10 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
It’s National Grilled Cheese Day and while there’s nothing more comforting than the traditional version, try out some of the versions below sometime when you’re feeling fancy! You won’t regret it!
From Closet Cooking